Discover how you can create secure student accounts on Wakelet by importing from Google Classroom!
Wakelet is a free online curation tool that allows users to tell a story, share learning, curate research, and communicate ideas! Wakelet is a great tool for administrators to showcase their school, provide newsletters to parents, and for teachers to build self-paced lessons for student engagement! Users can quickly add items to a Wakelet collection, and have a multitude of choices at their fingertips: URLs, PDFs, Images, Google Drive files, text, and YouTube videos!
You can now import and create safe and secure Wakelet accounts for students of any age!
Students can create collections, digital portfolios, collaborate on learning projects, and curate materials about their favorite topics with their classmates, and teachers can easily moderate their work!
• To access student accounts, go to Wakelet and sign-up for an account or sign into an existing account.
• Select the Classrooms tab in your Wakelet home area.
• In the top right-hand corner of the next screen, choose Import Groups. Choose Google Classroom and sign in with your Google credentials. Ensure that you are using the Google account associated with the Classroom you would like to Import.Here, you can assign permissions to your students, so you can choose which features on Wakelet they have access to!
• Next, Allow Wakelet permission to view People, Class Rosters, and Classes within your Google Classroom. Select the Google Classrooms you would like to Import into Wakelet using the checkboxes to the left, and then click Import. Selected Classrooms should now show up in your Wakelet Admin Panel!
• You can select the features your students have access to, including YouTube, Twitter, Unsplash, Flipgrid and GIPHY. When you’re ready for your students to utilize their accounts, they may use (SSO) single-sign-on using their Google accounts to log-in to their Wakelet accounts and begin creating!
• To view student collections, give feedback, or assess student work, just go to your Admin Panel, choose a Classroom, and choose a student name or ID. If at any time you need to delete a student account or a classroom, you may do this by clicking Remove. If you accidentally delete either, you have a 30 day grace period to fully restore. Refresh to see new students by clicking the Refresh option.
Get started today!🤩
Student accounts are perfect for users under 13 years of age and will provide teachers the ability to implement Wakelet for learning while monitoring student creations in a safe online environment.
Google Classroom and Wakelet make it easy for your students to access student-paced lessons, critically think through curation and information literacy skills, and is a powerful way to encourage students to showcase their work by creating digital portfolios or empower them to become Wakelet Student Ambassadors!
For more information about Wakelet student accounts, click here!